Monday, February 25, 2008

February Rolls to a Close

Hey all. Sorry I have been so slack with updating but it has been a busy month for us. I have just been upgraded to the status of "Kindy Mum" and finding my groove with parenting three very active boys. Yes, my little, tiny, precious first born has begun stepping out into the world as a kindy boy. *sniff*. I can already see him pulling into the drive way in his car at 18 with his girlfriend hanging off him. He absolutely loves kindy. He tells me which days are kindy days when we get up in the morning, and races out the door after brekky. His teacher sent a lovely note home with him last week, telling me how helpful he is. I can't believe he is already 4.5, where did the time go? It feels like yesterday I had him in my arms, snuggled in to me, and I was his world. They don't stay small long do they? In other news, Lochlain has finished up with his speech pathologist for a few weeks. It works out that we get 5 weeks out of 15 with her, but he is on the waiting list still for the Language Development Centre, so I am hoping that his spot will come up soon. He is making slow progress with the talking, but his eating is 1000 times better than what it was a year ago. This time last year he was diagnosed with failure to thrive. To look at him now, you'd laugh. A stocky little bloke with no bum and a swagger like a cowboy. Not failing at all now! His words are slow to come. We still struggle with his severely limited vocabulary as he tries so hard to communicate but is starting to get to the point where he is giving up before even trying, which is a bit sad to see some days. Other days we have such great times, and he really gets into trying hard to speak, but you can tell it wears him out, all the stimulation. One step at a time though. Tristan, well, he is a freaking chatterbox! He crawls and babbles all day. He is loud, and sings in the car, and chat chat chats non stop. He loves his brothers so much and chases them around the house, follows them out to the yard, and loves to get in on whatever they are doing. He is a total food man, and his favourite time of the day is dinner time, sitting at the table with the rest of us. His crawl is a bit of a laugh, he drags himself along with his arms, but only uses one foot which has huge blisters on it from the tiles. If I get a pic of him cruising I will post it. I have been a bit slack with the photos of late. Sorry. I took Tristan to Adelaide for 5 days to catch up with Nan and the family over there. He had a great time, and I really enjoyed the cool break from the stinking hot weather we'd had here. Not to mention not having to get up and do breakky for 5 days heehee. Nan hadn't met Tristan yet, and after having her hip replaced late last year, and being due to have her knees done, I figured it was better that I did the cross country travelling to make the acquaintance. According to Andrew the boys didn't miss me at all, and just assumed I was working. Ha! I managed to catch up with some fabulous JB SA women who had a great lunch with me, and got to hang out with some groovy mamas who were so warm and welcoming - just like the JB WA crew! The photos I took at Nan's are on an old camera, you know, the ones that take film. OMG yes they do still make them hahaha. I forget my digicam, and had to be rescued by the good old sposie camera, which isn't actually disposable, it's a reusable one. But when I get around to scanning in the pics I will post those too. Playgroup went back a couple of weeks ago, but I have only made it to one so far this year. I am finding it harder to travel far from home right now, as I find the more I take advantage of certain day naps, the more I get done around here, so I am being really conservative with my time and just hiding out here. That said, I am certainly not hermitting from social opportunities and am still haunting ABA meets, random catchups with friends and doing the talks at JHC three nights a month. Jo (a good friend) and I have decided to go out on a date once a month and see a movie. I have been lucky enough to manage going with Tristan to see the last two at late night sessions, but he's getting to the age where he is too interested in mucking about. Might have to reassess taking him in with me and leave him with Andrew or something. We have taken the boys fishing a couple of times with Jo and Matt (her husband) and the boys have had a complete riot. I broke my toe about 5 weeks ago though so I put a damper on that by being a bit of a homebody while it healed. You forget how much a broken bone hurts! My goodness, I wanted to amputate it at one point. I am still wincing when putting too much pressure on it. Other news... Andrew is working full time at the moment. Not in an ideal job, but we had some uni drama. I have deferred for another year, but am looking at a couple of options right now. The boys are really missing having Andrew at home as much as he used to be and we've found that Will is the most affected by his absence in a day. He loves hanging out with him when he gets home though, and still has night cuddles with his Dad. A new experience for me too really, I am so used to Andrew being around sporadically that having him working in a 'normal' job really gives some structure to our weeks, along with the kindy roster, my work day and the general life rhythms, I am really feeling a definite groove setting in, and it's working pretty well for now. Just taken a couple of weeks for me to find my feet and get that rhythm to really roll. We have some adventure planned for this year, and I will update on those as things become more concrete but out current plans do involve a move, a bit of a seachange you could say. We're just trying to get to a point where we are ready to commit to making this move and we'll be on our way. Well then, it's late, and I have rambled far too much. I am going to head to bed with my sleepy babes. I will post some pics in the next couple of days, when I find the cable for the camera. Otherwise my loved ones, stay calm, stay safe, stay happy. Peace out xxx x B

No comments: