Friday, September 21, 2007

A birth that was JUST A BIRTH.

A birth that was JUST A BIRTH.

I will come back to edit this with my version (as in my perspective), but for now, this is my birth story, as witnessed by my three doulas and my husband. This is the midwife's version of events: 21/07/07 21:20 Care taken over. Brooke contracting 3:10, strong by pt reaction. Sounds pushy. Labetalol 100mg given. Standing. FHH 130-150, no decels audible before, during or after a contractions. 21:30 Consent given for intermittent monitoring. Consultant review: 1st delivery c/s, 2nd delivery SVD at home. This pregnancy polyhydramnios. Wants non standard care. 22:00 Brooke coping well with contractions. 3:10 lasting 60-90 seconds. FHH 150-160. No decels audible post contraction. Baby active. P.U.I.T. Membranes remain intact. Doulas very supportive. Husband Andrew also present. 22:30 Discussed with Brooke her consent for VE once in active labour. At present she does not consent for VE. Says she wants to wait a bit longer. 22:35 Brooke breathing well through. May want to use bath soon. Running same. 23:05 Brooke in bath. 23:30 In bath still FHH 140bpm. 23:50 Sounding pushy +++. FHH 160bpm. No decels. 23:52 Head d.elivered in caul. 23:53 SVD Boy. 23:59 Out of bath. 22/07/07 00:40 (Written in retrospect). Placenta delivered physiologically at 00:30. Cut by support person. Babe skin to skin. Breastfeeding.

2 comments:

A Modern Day Sorceress... said...

Do it again Brooke!

One of the most magickal nights of this life for me...

...I look forward to seeing how this little man shapes his life...

...I love the raw power & strength you are able to access and share out with others when you put your heart & mind to it. Watch out world, she'll be out of the babyhaze soon enough & after you!!

I am Brooke... said...

I am humbles by your words doula goddess.

x B